1. She’s an amazing fencer. She’s even a part of the London Fencing Academy.
2. Despite her famous nude scenes in Game of Thrones, she swore off taking her clothes off for the show because she wanted to be known for more.
3. She says she was bullied when she was a kid but “still to this day [she] can’t place why.”
4. She ended up not acting for ten months after an indie film she was working on fell on hard times.
5. She’s a massive feminist but gets why people would be thrown off by the term. She said:
“It really is crazy that the word ‘feminist’ can have negative connotations in 2014. It upsets me that the younger generation of women think it’s a dirty word, and associate it with a kind of militantism or a sense of female superiority. It’s not. It just means liberation and equality.”
6. She’s got Royal blood because she comes from a long line of British nobility like the Dormer Baronets of Wenge, the Barons Dormer, the Earls of Carnarvon and the Viscounts Ascott.
7. She’s played royalty more than once. In Showtime’s The Tudors she played Anne Boleyn.
8. She said she based her Game of Thrones performance on Kate Middleton and Michelle Obama.
9. She has a talented tongue. AKA she can make fun of you in French.
While she was in school, she was also offered a provisional place at Cambridge University to study History.
I mean was there any doubt?
10. She’s a massive fan of poker and basically prides herself on telling if you’re lying. She says:
“I love poker! … A lot of boys in my poker circle are mathematicians who play on probability. I don’t have that kind of brain, so I rely on instinct.”
11. She ran in the London Marathon in 2014 on behalf of the children’s charity, Barnardo’s, and ran again in 2016, coming in the lead.
Both times she finished in under 4 hours.
12. She’s very flexible and takes a yoga mat with her ALL the time. She says:
“My yoga mat comes everywhere. Keeps me stretched out after sitting still on all those planes, trains and road journeys.”
NATALIE IS QUEEN.
13. She’s a mezzo soprano singer.
The music she makes must be lovely.
14. She clapped back when people criticized her iconic smile. “I have had my publicist tell me, ‘Don’t do that smile on the red carpet.’ I’m, like, ‘That’s my smile.’”
It really bugs me the way people criticize how actors look… I get accused of having a haughty smugness. I have a lopsided mouth. I can’t help it. I was born with it. It looks as if I am smirking.”
15. She has an asymmetrical mouth saying, “I have a naturally crooked smile… People call it a smirk, but it’s not, it’s just my natural smile with my lips closed. My sister has it too, it’s a family trait.”
16. She was vice-captain of the school netball team and traveled around the world on the school’s public speaking team.
17. Sherlock Holmes is in love with her because she’s Irene Adler.
ON CBS’s Elementary she plays his foil.
GO. Go watch her stuff.