Game of Thrones season 7 is now on its way and fans are already excited about it. To increase that excitement we have brought some crazy Game of Thrones facts to blow your mind.
1. Valyrian steel is based on Damascus steel
Damascus steel is one of the most finest swords in history, capable of splitting a feather in mid-air and cutting through a rifle barrel in one swipe. However, the formula for the steel has been lost for generations.
Damascus blades were manufactured in the Near East from wootz steel that was imported from India. In fact, the crucible steel process started in what is today Tamil Nadu.
Over the years, several have tried to recreate the original, deadly Damascus blade, but nobody has succeeded. Some time ago, a Stanford professor even developed a superplastic steel similar to Damascus, but yet again, it didn’t contain the same properties as the original. Some of the finest blades ever to known man, lost to the ravages of time – tragic.
2. Sansa Strak adopted her Direwolf
In real life Sansa Stark has adopted her direwolf Lady. She named her pet dog Zunni.
In between her hectic filming schedule, Sophie likes nothing more than to relax at home with her family and pet dog Zunni, who the family adopted from the series. She adds:
“Growing up I always wanted a dog, but my parents never wanted one. We kind of fell in love with my character’s dire wolf, Lady, on set.
“We knew Lady died and they wanted to re-home her. My mum persuaded them to let us adopt her.”
3. “Khaleesi” was the 755th most popular name in 2014
Yes ‘Khaleesi’ was the 755th most popular name for a baby girl last year.
Must See : 31 Game of thrones Best Memes
4. Horse Heart that Daenerys ate was actually a 3 pound gummy
Did you know that the horse heart that Daenerys ate in Game of Thrones Season 1 was made of gummy bears.
5. Game of Thrones is the most pirated show
Yes HBO’s most popular show is also the world’s most pirated show as well.
Game of Thrones: Top countries in pirated downloads
1. Australia (12.5%)
2. India (9.7%)
3. United States (8.5%)
4. United Kingdom (6.9%)
5. Philippines (5.8%)
6. Canada (3.9%)
7. Netherlands (3.0%)
8. Greece (2.7%)
9. South Africa (2.2%)
10. Saudi Arabia (2.0%)
6. Joffrey also acted in Batman
7. Joffrey Retired from acting after Game of Thrones
Jack Gleeson retires from acting after Game of Thrones season 4.
Asked why he was retiring by Entertainment Weekly, he replied: “The answer isn’t interesting or long-winded. I’ve been acting since age 8. I just stopped enjoying it as much as I used to.
“And now there’s the prospect of doing it for a living, whereas up until now it was always something I did for recreation with my friends, or in the summer for some fun. I enjoyed it. When you make a living from something, it changes your relationship with it. It’s not like I hate it, it’s just not what I want to do.”
8. Richard Brake also acted in Batman
Richard Brake also acted in Batman. He was the person who robs and shoots Bruce Wayne parents.
9. George R.R Martin appreciates Joffrey
After seeing Joffrey performance George R.R Martin sent Jack Gleeson (actor who plays Joffrey) a personel letter stating “Congratulation on your marvelous performance everyone hates you.”
10. Shae started her career as a porn star
Sibel Kekilli (Shae) appeared as a guest star in Season 1, and has since become one of the show’s regular characters. The German native plays the role of Tyrion Lannister’s mysterious, headstrong lover, Shae.
Kekilli appeared in a series of adult films more than a decade ago.
11. Game of Thrones unaired pilot episode failed miserably
Game of thrones pilot episode was failed miserably as non of the audience in reviewing section was able to understand that Cersei and Jaime were sister and brother.
12. Dothraki language was developed for Game of Thrones
David J. Peterson developed a real language Dothraki for Game of Thrones. Peterson got the job to create Dothraki by winning a contest among language inventors. A lot of what’s in the vocabulary and grammar of Dothraki has never appeared on the show. Dothraki has various tongue-twisters.
13. Head of George W Bush used in Game of Thrones
Head of George W Bush was on one of the spikes in the first season of Game of Thrones.
14. Ian Whyte played four roles in Game of Thrones
In Season 1 and 2 he was a white walker. Also in Season 2 he played the role of The Mountain. Season 3 saw him as an unnamed Giant. In season 5 he played the wildling Giant Wun Wun.
15. Ramsey Bolton was runner up for playing Jon Snow
Iwan Rheon was runner up for the Jon Snow character.
16. Grand Maester has done various successful movies
Julian Glover who played Grand Maester in Game of Thrones has done various successful movies. Movies include star wars, Indiana Jones, Troy and he was the voice behind Aragog in Harry Potter.
17. Michelle Fairley in Harry Potter
Michelle Fairley who played Catelyn Stark in Game of Thrones aalso played a role in Harry Potter as Mrs Granger.
18. Stannis Baratheon has connection with Harry Potter
Stephen Dillane who played Stannis Baratheon on Game of Thrones has connection with Harry Potter. His son played the role of Tom Riddle in Harry Potter.
19. Writers play tricks with Actors
Writers used to give fake scripts to actors in which there character dies. Then about 3 weeks later they will end up telling then that it was a joke.
20. Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy) is the little brother of Lily Allen
21. Bronn was a pop singer in a U.K band
Before he was one of Westeros’ finest sellswords, Bronn — AKA, Jerome Flynn – was part of an ‘90s British pop called Robson & Jerome, whose catalogue consisted entirely of pop and rock covers. Check out their 1995 cover of the Drifters’ “Up on the Roof” below for proof that Bronn looks just as fly in jeans and a varsity jacket as he does in rusty chainmail.
22. Talisa Stark (Oona Chaplin) is Charlie Chaplin’s Grand Daughter
23. Viserys Targaryen (Harry Charles Salusbury Lloyd) is Great Great Gandson of Charles Dickens
24. Game of Thrones has 6 million dollar budget per episode
25. Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth) doesn’t know her birthday or age.
26. Aemon Targaryen is actually blind in real life
27. George R.R Martin wrote all his books in 30 year old Computer.
28. The Show is banned by Turkish Military
Game of Thrones is banned by Turkish Military in order to protect children from abuse, sexual exploitation, pornography, exhibition, harassment and all negative behavior.
Game of Thrones Season 7 is going to premier on 16 July.
Must Read: Game of Thrones Season 7 Trailer Breakdown