Long-term loves Kit Harington and Rose Leslie are engaged, sources have claimed.
The Game Of Thrones actor, 30, has reportedly popped the question to his Scottish girlfriend of five years Rose Leslie – who he met on the HBO series in 2012.
The smitten couple, who shut down engagement speculation over the summer, are rumoured to have told friends and family last week that they’re set to wed.
‘They’re yet to set a date, but told friends and family last week that they’ve got engaged,’ a source told The Sun.
‘Kit’s known for ages he’s wanted to marry Rose but he wanted them to get a house and settle down a bit first.’
The insider claimed Kit felt marriage was the natural next step for him and Rose, also 30, after they moved into a £1.75million mansion in East Anglia.
‘After moving in together in January he felt it was the right time to take the next step,’ they said.
‘I’ve moved in with my other best friend Rose, so I’m very happy,’ Harington told chat show host James Corden in June.
‘It’s going well, so she’s got all sorts of ideas for the house.’
‘I said to her, cause she’s moved into my house, “Look darling, it’s important that this is our space. That it feels like our space.
‘That you haven’t just moved into mine. Move anything you want around, change anything, chuck anything out”.’
The couple – who met on the set of the HBO fantasy series – purchased a medieval 15th-century timber home in the English countryside.
The seven-bedroom house boasts a medieval-inspired moat around the property that sits on eight acres in East Anglia.
The proposal claims come after the couple denied they are engaged back in July.
The stars shut down reports that they are to wed after Life & Style claimed the pair were ‘planning their nuptials’.
The U.S. tabloid alleged that Kit had popped the question over a romantic dinner, leaving his long-time girlfriend in tears.
‘Kit recently cooked Rose a romantic candlelight dinner and proposed to her. She burst into tears and immediately said yes!’ an unnamed source claimed.
However, the stars’ reps denied that the pair were set to tie the knot at the time.
At the season seven premiere of Game Of Thrones in Los Angeles, Kit spoke about his relationship with his former co-star.
‘I think that’s the really special thing about it is that we met on this show and here we are seven years down the line back here promoting season seven,’ he said on the red carpet.
‘I mean it’s mad. It’s such a special thing. I’m so privileged,’ he added.
While the actor didn’t divulge too many details about their relationship, which had apparently been on and off since 2012, he said the couple were ‘very, very happy.’
He also revealed last year how ‘easy’ it was to fall in love with Aberdeen beauty Rose.
Recalling his favourite memory of shooting GoT, he told L’Uomo Vogue: ‘The three weeks in Iceland where we shot the second season… because the country is beautiful, the light of the North magic, and why it was there that I fell in love.
‘If you are attracted to a person and in fiction is your love interest, it becomes easy to fall in love.’
After Seeing How Much Kit Harington Loves Rose Leslie You Will Actually Cry Yourself To Sleep
1. When Kit came straight out and said, “I fell in love in Iceland…I fell in love with my co-star.”
2. When he danced with Rose and held her face like this.
Kit Harington (Jon Snow) y Rose Leslie (Ygritte), ayer.
Love is in the air 💏 pic.twitter.com/VA2kO9T83k
— Noticias del Multiverso (@MultiversoTM) March 28, 2016
3. When he got goofy for a Red Nose day sketch and sang “Wildling” to the tune of “Wild Thing” directly to Rose.
4. And when they shared this way-too-adorable wink exchange afterwards.
Also…this makes me want fries (or chips, if you’re British)?!
5. When he leaned in close and made her smile with almost no effort.
6. When he provided the perfect shoulder for her to rest her arm on…
Not all heroes wear fur capes.
7. …as well as her whole body.
8. When he explained to Vogue Italia how easily they got together: “If you’re already attracted to someone, and then they play your love interest in the show, it becomes very easy to fall in love.”
9. When he made sure not to lose her at the Season 7 premiere of Game of Thrones.
10. And when they shared what looked like an adorable inside joke, too.
11. When Kit patiently listened to Rose tell a story he’d apparently heard many times before…and she adorably teased him about it.
12. When Kit swooned about how he and Rose have the same sense of humor.
13. When they were cute AF, side-by-side at Comic Con.
Look, they match!
14. When he could not stop gushing about how great Rose was as Ygritte on Game of Thrones, “She plays Ygritte very beautifully, very perfectly.”
15. When Kit did his ~best~ impression of her iconic Thrones character.
16. When he talked about moving in with Rose and how she’s his BFF.
17. And finally, when they made us ALL wish we could enjoy a little sexy time in a beautiful cave, too.
Dare to dream.